Thursday, April 7, 2011

Grief

Today marks the 6th anniversary of Alaina's birth and Saturday will be 6 years since her passage to the Father's arms.  I have been surprised in the 9 months since we have returned to the States from Nicaragua that there is still a lot of pain in my heart from our loss.  I guess that I thought I had "dealt with all of that", but I believe that I had suppressed the pain to enable me to move on with the activities of life.

In any case, here we are remembering once again what was and what might have been.  I find myself thinking of what it would be like to have a 6 year old girl in our family.  I think of how painful it was to let her go.  And I think of the bittersweetness of knowing that she is in everlasting joy with Abba Father.  I suppose I am even a bit envious that she is there and I am still here struggling through life.

I know that this experience was for a purpose and I appreciate that I can now share in the pain that others around me are experiencing, but...

I miss you little blondie and can't wait to see you in heaven!

Te quiero mucho mi chelita linda!  Se que estas en la presencia de nuestro Papa y espero estar contigo pronto!

No comments: